IT INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Our IT Internship Program provides an outstanding opportunity for top university talent to support and contribute to the strategic direction and current IT initiatives of one of the nation’s leading health plans.
Highlights of this paid experience include:
- Participation in peer learning (cohort) sessions led by IT program leaders. These sessions are an opportunity to refine skills and seek guidance in a peer environment
- A well-rounded opportunity for interns to work on projects within their assigned department
- Participation in a variety of experiences and events, such as hospital tours, guest lectures, skills workshops, presentations, job-shadowing, and weekly group meetings
- A curriculum that aligns with our employee development approach - the 3 Es: experience, exposure, and education
- A full-day orientation session designed to begin a successful experience
- An opportunity to be a part of delivering high quality, affordable health care services to our members and the community
Program duration and location
The internship program offers three sessions per year:
- Spring: February through May
- Summer: June through August
- Fall: September through December
The program is offered in multiples locations in California including:
Locations outside of California include:
- Portland, Oregon
- Engelwood, Colorado
- Silver Springs, Maryland
- Atlanta, Georgia
Areas of focus
Beyond being exposed to the innovative environment that is Kaiser Permanente’s technology engine, a strong focus is put on building tomorrow’s leaders. Participants cultivate a solid professional network, hone their resume crafting skills, and partake in workshops and projects, including our group project presentations in which selected teams get to present to our CIO, Phil Fasano. To participate, interns have to go through an audition process on a specified topic. From there, they are placed in groups to create a presentation.
There are no requisite majors to participate in this program. Current or recent undergrad or graduate students who are highly-motivated, collaborative, and hardworking are invited to consider this opportunity.
We encourage you to explore our Careers Website and to join our University Talent Network to learn about additional opportunities at Kaiser Permanente.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.